Originally built in 1861, this warehouse was initially rented to the Bristol based corn merchants H Adams & Co (later R & H Adams Ltd). From the 1930s, the warehouse was no longer storing grain, and floors were rented to firms. In 1987, when furniture had been stored in the warehouse, the building was completely gutted by fire.
Britannia Warehouse was then demolished and rebuilt, using many of the original bricks, to provide offices which were first occupied in 1990 therefore meaning the building was no longer a listed building and development rights and planning permissions are significantly easier.
Total area of 25,874 sq ft
0.52 acres including surface car park
- The purchase and conversion of a landmark, B1a use class, building at the heart of the Gloucester Docks regeneration.
- The building is a replica rebuilt in the 1980’s after the original was destroyed by fire.
- A lot of the original bricks were used in the rebuild, but it was built with a modern concrete framed structure and plank floors making the building very suitable for conversion.
- Permitted development for the creation of 38 individual flats (30x 1 beds and 8x 2 Beds).
- The building also benefits from 35 car parking spaces.
- Project start date January 2022
- Anticipated project completion date March 2023